We have just added two new higher-power models to our Asterion™ line of AC power sources:
- The Asterion 4503 supplies AC and DC output power up to 4,500 VA or 4,500 W;
- The Asterion 6003 supplies up to 6,000 VA or 6,000 W.
Both units come in a 4U chassis, and can supply single or three phase output power. Like the other models in our Asterion series, the 4503 and 6003 offer a compelling combination of intelligence, performance, and modularity that make them the most adaptable and affordable platform available today. These features include:
- AMETEK’s iX2™ current-doubling technology. With iX2, as the output voltage decreases from the maximum value to one-half the maximum value, the available output current increases up to two times the rated output current. This allows Asterion to maintain maximum power through the widest range of voltages. iX2 current-doubling technology eliminates the need to buy multiple sources or overpowered sources to run tests at different voltage levels, such as when performing low line voltage testing.
- AC and DC output voltage ranges up to 400 Vac and 500 Vdc. Load and line regulation are +/-0.025% and +/-0.015%, respectively. This makes the Asterion more versatile and accurate than most other AC power sources available today
- Auto-Paralleling. Auto-paralleling allows you to combine up to six units to achieve 36 kVA of output power. One unit becomes the master while the rest serve as auxiliary units. This allows you to purchase only the power you need today and then easily add more power later as required. This scalability helps protect the value of your initial investment and allows additional capital spending to be deferred until needed.
- Clock/Lock. The clock/lock feature allows users to easily configure multi-phase systems, such as split-phase, three-phase, or even higher phase count systems. Just as auto-paralleling allows you to add power, clock/lock allows you to add phases to your system as you need it.
- Ease of use. The Asterion Series features an entirely new user interface. The intuitive, touch-screen interface, not found on other AC sources, allows you to quickly and easily set up the source and run tests.
- Avionics test suite. The Asterion offers a complete avionics test suite as an option, with a programmable frequency between 16Hz and 5000 Hz.
Use in the lab or in ATE
This powerful set of features allows you to use Asterion supplies in both the lab and in ATE systems. In the lab, you can easily configure the Asterion and run tests from the front panel, but if you it as part of an ATE system, you can order it without a front panel and save a significant amount of money.
For use in ATE systems, Asterion comes with standard LXI LAN, USB, and RS-232 interfaces. An optional GPIB interface is also available. Intuitive Virtual Panels control GUI software comes bundled with the instrument for easy remote control from a computer. Included drivers allow test engineers to quickly integrate the unit into ATE systems.